CONSIDERATION OF FOREIGN EXPERIENCE ON GUARANTEES FOR FOREIGN INVESTORS IN UKRAINE IN THE CONDITIONS SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
Section "Economics": Economic and legal problems of sustainable development
It is emphasized that recently in Ukraine there is a tendency to reduce the volume of foreign investment, but the effective implementation of economic, social and environmental components of sustainable development requires adequate investment. Among the main reasons holding back the inflow of foreign investment in Ukraine, in numerous studies of scientists, there is a failure to comply with the guarantees provided by the investment legislation of Ukraine. It is noted that today Ukraine has adopted a large number of regulations governing the activities of foreign investors and provide certain guarantees for the protection of foreign investors, but in the process of investing investors face problems related to the implementation of these guarantees. This is due to the fact, that the Ukrainian legislator is constantly changing the law on investment activities. That is why the authors chose the purpose of the article to study the positive experience of some European countries, which have chosen a course of sustainable development, to guarantee the protection of foreign investors. Emphasis is placed on the fact that the main strategic goal of the governments of these countries is to create great opportunities for the provision and implementation of such guarantees. Certain guarantees for the protection of foreign investors in some European countries that have chosen the course of sustainable development, namely: Great Britain, France, Germany, Hungary, Poland and the Czech Republic, have been studied. Based on this study, a number of guarantees for the protection of foreign investors have been identified, which make sense to introduce in Ukraine.
sustainable development, bilateral investment agreements, guarantees to foreign investors, foreign experience
2. Makarenko I. Investment Protection in Ukraine. Ukrainian journal of business law. 2019. 04 april. URL: http://www.ujbl.info/article.php?id=1235 (last accessed: 16.03.2020).
3. Potter A. The Foreign Investment Regulation Review. Edition 7. United Kingdom. The Law Reviews: веб сайт. URL: https://thelawreviews.co.uk/edition/the-foreign-investment-regulation-review-edition-7/1209433/unitedkingdom (last accessed: 18.03.2020).
4. United Kingdom: Foreign investment. Santander. Trade Markets. URL: https://santandertrade.com/en/portal/establish-overseas/united-kingdom/foreign-investment (last accessed: 22.03.2020).
5. Doing Business-2020. Comparing Business Regulation in 190 Economies. International Bank for Reconstruction and Development. The World Bank. Washington, 2020. 135 р. URL: https://russian.doingbusiness.org/content/dam/doingBusiness/pdf/db2020/Doing-Business-2020.pdf (last accessed: 17.03.2020).
6. Jankowski K. Investing in Germany. Thomson Reuters Practical Law.URL: https://uk.practicallaw.thomsonreuters.com/6-596-4008?transitionType=Default&contextData=(sc.Default)&firstPage=true&bhcp=1 (last accessed: 12.03.2020).
7. Invest in Germany. LawyersGermany.com. URL: https://www.lawyersgermany.com/why-invest-in-germany (last accessed: 27.03.2020).
8. Huber-Saffer M. Investment Guarantees of the federal republic of Germany. URL: https://www.ifo.de/DocDL/forum-2015-2-huber-saffer-fdi-june.pdf (last accessed: 28.03.2020).
9. Theophile D., Chriqui O. The Foreign Investment Regulation Review. Edition 7. France. URL: https://thelawreviews.co.uk/edition/the-foreign-investment-regulation-review-edition-7/1209428/france (last accessed: 13.03.2020).
10. Invest in Hungary. URL: https://www.companyincorporationhungary.com/invest-in-hungary (last accessed: 30.03.2020).
11. Wellmann G. Investment Treaty Arbitration in Hungary. LEXOLOGY: веб-сайт. URL: https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=609f1d80-8494-4720-b089-e85af393a7e3 (last accessed: 05.05.2020).
12. Investment Climate Statements: Hungary. U.S. Department of State. 2019. URL: https://www.state.gov/reports/2019-investment-climate-statements/hungary/ (last accessed: 05.05.2020).
13. Maksymova T.V. Derzhavnyi mekhanizm realizatsii investytsiinoi polityky v Ukraini: dys. … kand. nauk z derzh. upr.: 25.00.02. Mariupol, 2015. 291 p. [Максимова Т.В. Державний механізм реалізації інвестиційної політики в Україні: дис. … канд. наук з держ. упр.: 25.00.02. Маріуполь, 2015. 291 с.].
14. Ustymenko V., Zeldina О. EU Investment Policy as the Basis for Sustainable Development: Implementation Prospects in Ukraine. European Journal of Sustainable Development. 2019. Vol, 8. No. 1. P. 40-52. http://doi.org/10.14207/ejsd.2019.v8n1p40
15. Kolodziejczy K. Poland in the European Union. Ten years of membership. Revista UNISCI. UNISCI Journal. 2016. No. 40. P. 9-26. https://doi.org/10.5209/rev_RUNI.2016.n40.51803
16. Tkach S.M. Derzhavne rehuliuvannia investytsiinoi bezpeky: zarubizhnyi dosvid. Naukovyi visnyk Lvivskoho derzhavnoho universytetu vnutrishnikh sprav. 2010. No. 2. P. 20-29 [Ткач С.М. Державне регулювання інвестиційної безпеки: зарубіжний досвід. Науковий вісник Львівського державного університету внутрішніх справ. 2010. № 2. С. 20—29].
17. Poland: Foreign investment. Santander: Trade Markets: веб-сайт. URL: https://santandertrade.com/en/portal/establish-overseas/poland/foreign-investment (last accessed: 15.05.2020).
18. Foreign Investment in the Czech Republic. ILP Abogados. URL: https://www.ilpabogados.com/en/foreigninvestment-in-the-czech-republic/ (last accessed: 15.05.2020).
19. Czech Republic — your investment destination. Czech Economic and Cultural Office Taipei. URL: https://www.mzv.cz/taipei/en/economy_and_trade/investment_climate_in_the_czech_republic/czech_republic_your_investment.html (last accessed: 18.05.2020).
20. Foreign direct investment (FDI) in the Czech Republic. Landsprofiler Tsjekkia. URL: https://www.nordeatrade.com/no/explore-new-market/czech-republic/investment (last accessed: 18.05.2020).
Abstract views: 117 PDF Downloads: 61